There are several users complaining that they get several errors code restricting them from downloading and installing Windows 10. One of these error codes is 80200056, that prevents the user from downloading and installing Windows 10 updates. In this article, we will teach you how you can fix this issue in straightforward ways.
Error code 80200056 means when you are updating your Windows updates, then you need to use “Windows updates service and required data as the online server.”In this situation, Microsoft server does not provide you any response. This code also occurs while Microsoft serversare overloaded and under such circumstances, you can only wait.
How to Fix Error Code 80200056 in Windows 10
In this article we will show you three methods to fix the issue of error code 80200056 in windows 10:
• Removing Corrupted Updates files
• Using DISM
• Run Update Troubleshooter
1) Removing Corrupted Updates files
1. Visit the given folder “C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload,” and then delete everything available in the folder.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Right-tap on the start menu option to open “Command Prompt” as admin.
4. In the command prompt, enter the command “exe/update now” and then tap enter.
5. Visit the Windows updates and then check you can download and install the Windows 10 updates.
2) Using DISM
Here are the steps on how to fix error code 80200056 by using DISM:
1. Launched the start menu.
2. In the search box, enter “command Prompt” and then right-tap on it.
3. Choose “Run as administrator.”
4. When the command prompts, enter the given command in the search field and then tap the “Enter” key each time.
5. –DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
6. -DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
7. Exit from the “Command prompt” Windows.
8. Restart your PC, and then check the issue is resolved.
3) Run Update Troubleshooter
Another rapid method to fix this issue is to run Windows 10 updates troubleshooters. You need to launch it from the control panel or settings application.
You need to wait for the tool to finish the scan and automatically fix the issue of updating Windows 10.Then you need to restart your computer and try to download and install Windows updates into your operating system.
Conclusion: In the above article, we have mentioned three ways to fix the issue of error code 80200056 in Windows 10. Hopefully you will get a resolution of this issue andupdate Windows 10.
Jaxson Harry is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Please read the originial post here: https://jaxsonharryblog.wordpress.com/2020/04/13/how-to-fix-error-code-80200056-in-windows-10/